2013 was a great travel year for The #hustle Blog family. We didn’t eclipse the number of miles we’ve ever traveled in a year but we did take more trips than we ever have.
All in all, together we traveled 63,179 miles in 34 segments. Not even a lot by any stretch of the imagination, but we visited a lot of great places that we’ve never been to before.
This was mostly due to some great mistake fares in 2013 and a mistake promotion that we decided to capitalize on. Here’s a short recap of how our 2013 travel went down:
- Mistake to Madrid for $284
- Whistler in Cathay Pacific First Class
- Courtesy of the Southwest Companion Pass
- Buenos Aires
- Mistake fare for $386. Wow what a glorious beef overload!
- Frequent Traveler University, another great meetup with fellow miles & points junkies
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- A nice 4-day getaway and complimentary upgrades on Delta
- American Airlines #questforEXP
- We NEVER get tired of visiting the Hawaiian Islands!
- A quick 8 hour stop to hit the beach and grab some In-N-Out
- Our first true mileage run where we got off the plane, grabbed a snack and got right back on 30 minutes later
- Seeing the Canal & Miraflores Locks in person was awe inspiring
- This final trip of 2013 capped off the AA promotion and we caught our first Miami Heat game at, appropriately enough, American Airlines Arena
Again, 2013 was a great year and we were blessed to travel as much as we did for as cheap as we did.
Here’s to another great year of health, happiness, and travel!
Maybe sprinkle in some huge credit card signup bonuses and some mistake fares and we can call it a year!