UPDATE 1/8 12:30 PM EST: The deal seems to be dead. I can’t get the offer to show on creditcards.com anymore. I hope everyone who wanted to get in did so! Until the next deal…
What’s the deal???
There is a potential 100,000 bonus point offer from American Express right now. After spending $3,000 in the first 3 months after opening the card, you’ll receive 100,000 Membership Rewards points.
What are the Platinum card’s benefits/features?
- $450 annual fee (read below and you can make this fee back and more in features).
- $200 airline credit per CALENDAR year (meaning you can use this for 2013 and 2014 right before cancelling) – $400 value.
- Airport lounge access through the Priority Pass network – value every time you travel.
- Global Entry rebate – $100 value.
- Fine Hotels & Resorts access (you can receive room upgrades and special amenities with your stays) – at least $100 value + room upgrades.
Is it a good deal?
HELL YEA! This matches the highest offer ever for the Platinum card. If I didn’t already have one, I’d have already applied.
How do I get in on it?
- Head over to CARDMATCH on creditcards.com
- Enter your information (I got the offer to show without entering my SSN).
- Look for The Platinum Card from American Express offer and click Apply Here
- Fill out your information on the American Express website and submit your application
NOTE: ALWAYS take screenshots when you apply for credit cards with bonus offers!
This may be your only recourse should the bank try to stiff you on a bonus offer.
In a relatively slow time of big credit card offers, this is a no-brainer. 100k is a lot of points.
100k of Amex Membership Rewards points is a lot of flexibility! With past partner transfer bonuses, 100k MR points could be worth either 150k British Airways Avios or 150k Delta SkyMiles.
No matter how you slice it, this is an amazing offer!
Hat tip to Travel Summary.