Here is my next batch of hits for the US Airways Grand Slam 2011 promotion. If you missed the first 8 hits, please check out my post here.
9. Starwood hotel points transfer. Cost: $22.50. The minimum transfer, since I am an SPG Gold member, is 1500 points. I value those 1500 points at $45. I value 1500 US Airways miles at $22.50. Therefore, I am ‘losing’ about $22.50 in value.
10. TrackItBack purchase. Cost: $24.94. The Single Pack of stickers is the cheapest item on the site and a total throwaway for me.
11. Buy miles at USAirways.com. Cost: $29.56. I bought 1,000 miles here.
12. Exchange miles at points.com. Cost: FREE. I exchanged 4 Asia Miles (Cathay Pacific) for 1 US Dividend Mile. You can also exchange 4 AA miles for 1 US mile. If you don’t miles to exchange, a nifty strategy is to leverage the US miles you just bought in the step above. Exchange 10 US miles for 4 Asia Miles. Then exchange those 4 Asia Miles for the 1 US mile. And there’s your hit!
13. Magazines Mileage Awards. Cost: 200 US Dividend Miles. I ordered Cooking Light for 200 miles. Remember to cancel the subscription before next year!
14. FTD purchase. Cost: $33.14. I ordered the I Love You Bear by Build-A-Bear. Not a throwaway because again, baby Mia will like it! Or Joann can have it 😉
15. Share miles. Cost: $20. I transferred 1,000 miles to Joann for $40 all in. Mommy Points reminds that this counts as a hit for both parties so at least we can split the cost in half.
16. Super Shuttle. Cost: $31. I bought a 2 shuttle tickets for my parents who are in San Francisco right now so I have actual use for this. I think the cheapest shuttle ticket you can buy is around $11.50 using the promo code UYR59.
So my rolling tally is 16 hits which will get me 25,000 Dividend Miles. Total cost is now $221.69. Cents per mile is still under my goal of 1; it’s currently 0.88 CPM. It’s not amazing but purchases like the Super Shuttle would have been made anyway so using those purchases to get to certain milestones in this promo is satisfactory for me.
Keep following for the 3rd batch of hits. Hopefully I can get to 24 hits (45,000 miles) without too much money out of pocket.