After landing back at JFK and breezing through customs (thanks, Global Entry!), Joann waited for our bags while I took the Airtrain to Federal Circle to pick up our one-way rental car home.
I reserved the car with 1,200 Hertz points, certainly better than paying cash on a one-way rental.
We had an easy ride home from JFK to NJ since CX889 arrives around 7AM and it was Sunday.
A few thoughts from this trip:
- Whistler must be the greatest place on earth for snowboarding/skiing.
- If you love the snow, spend at least a week there. There’s so much terrain to cover (groomers, off-piste/backcountry, bowls, chutes, parks) and it never gets old.
- There are several chain hotels where you can redeem points, but don’t overlook renting a house via VRBO or the like.
- Highly recommend Scandinave Spa after several days of riding to wind down.
- I don’t think the Avios premium (12.5K each way) from Cathay Pacific Business Class to First Class is worth it on the short route between JFK-YVR.
- Business Class will more than suffice for the transcontinental flight. We only splurged for First because we were so flush with Avios.
And since these final posts are coming while the 2014 Winter Olympics are going on, this final photo is fitting!