According to Bankrate.com, JPMorgan Chase will convert all of its EMV Chip-and-Signature credit cards to the more secure and more widely used (globally) Chip-and-PIN version.
Currently, these are the EMV Chip-and-Sig credit cards from Chase that will become Chip-and-PIN:
- British Airways Visa Signature Card
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- Hyatt Credit Card
- J.P. Morgan Palladium Card
- J.P. Morgan Select Visa Signature Card
- Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card
- The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card
It was a big step when Chase first started rolling out Chip-and-Sig cards, but going to the better protected Chip-and-PIN is huge for consumers. After the huge Target hack over the holidays, everyone is calling for better security measures. This is, at least, a step in the right direction.
Hopefully, more banks follow suit and this will be adopted across the United States like it is in Europe and other parts of the world.