Hawaiian Airlines just announced that it would be enhancing its Economy cabin by installing Extra Comfort seating on their Airbus A330 aircrafts. This is what they’re calling their “Premium Economy” section of Coach.
Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort seats will be available for purchase in January 2014. The seats themselves will debut on all A330s on June 1, 2014.
Some features of the Extra Comfort seats include:
- Five more inches of legroom for a full 36 inches of room to stretch out and relax.
- Priority boarding at the departure gate
- Complimentary on-demand in-seat entertainment featuring dozens of movies, TV shows and more
- Personal electrical power outlet to charge laptops and other electronic devices*
- Complimentary pillow and blanket (on all domestic routes)
- Souvenir pillow and blanket set (on international routes only)
- Premium meal selections (on international routes only)
A full 36″ of leg room is great! It beats out most domestic carriers’ premium economy offering.
United, American, and Delta’s premium economy seats sport 35″ of leg room, more or less. US Airways doesn’t even offer a like product.
Then again, nothing beats JetBlue’s offering of 38″ for their Even More Space seats, but you aren’t going to fly to Hawaii on JetBlue.
It’s always great news to see an airline enhancing their products and services. With nonstop service from JFK-HNL that started last year, this is a very welcomed change. Extra leg room can be a savior for a 10 hour flight.