Both Joann and I were recently approved for Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard®. We applied for a number of reasons:
- A nice sign up bonus – 40,000 miles after spending only $1,000.
- 2x miles on ALL purchases.
- It’s a Barclay’s product, which means the hard credit inquiry is from TransUnion (at least in NJ). The other bigger banks use the more popular Experian or Equifax so it saves us a wasted credit pull.
- A waived first year annual fee, normally $89. Next year when the fee is charged, we’ll call up customer service to see if we can get the fee waived or some miles as a retention bonus.
- 10% miles back when you redeem for travel. Effectively, that makes this card a 2.2% “cashback” card when you redeem for travel.
- Free TripIt Pro annual membership. $49 value.
If you are interested in applying for this card, here is my affiliate link. I don’t have many, just a couple, and I do appreciate if you ever use one.
Since the 40k miles bonus was so easy to attain, I was able to make a redemption already. It’s a pretty easy process, but some people like a good walkthrough with pictures so here goes:
How To Redeem Barclaycard Arrival Miles For Travel
First, log into your account at barclaycardus.com.
If you’re like me and have plenty of cards with Barclays, find your Arrival card and click Manage your rewards.
Then, click Redeem now under Pay yourself back for travel.
Here, you’ll see a list of travel purchases that have posted to your account and are eligible for reimbursement.
Notice that there is a column called Days Left. You can only redeem points for travel expenses within the past 90 days.
Click Redeem now next to the purchase for which you would like to reimburse yourself.
You’ll see several redemption options, which is nice if you don’t have enough points to cover the entire purchase.
Minimum redemption is 2,500 miles, which is a $25 purchase.
This is the second to last screen in the process, to verify your redemption selections.
You’re then brought to a final confirmation screen before clicking Place your order to complete the process.
Finally, here is the order confirmation screen showing the great perk of this card – the 10% miles-back when you redeem for travel!
And that’s how you redeem your miles for travel with your Barclaycard Arrival™ Mastercard®. Pretty simple. Hope that helped a few people!